Friday 8 August 2014

Melissa's Fabulous 1940's themed party - Cardinals Hat, Saltash, Cornwall




This summer has been a busy one - hence my minimal blogging! I can't wait to get all my editing done then I can find the time to start sharing some of the wonderful weddings and events I have worked over the last few months! I felt this one needed blogging - Melissa's 40th Birthday party at the Cardinals Hat, Saltash....and what a fabulous party it was!  

The parties theme was 1940's, which I personally thought was a difficult one, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Everyone dressed up so well and the decorations that Melissa had made and designed were amazing. Beautiful flowers, bunting, giant 1940's posters on the walls, photographs, and even a dressing table and mirror for the ladies! As a photographer herself, Melissa even set up a backdrop for a Photobooth in the corner of the room. 

Melissa had a lot of family and friends that unfortunately couldn't make it to the party as they live in Australia so her husband had organised video messages from them all which were relayed on a TV in front of all the guests. There was then a surprise for me and a massive surprise to Melissa that her Sister and Mother had flown all the way from Australia to see her! The room erupted with cheers and a good few tears! A very special moment and wonderful night. 

Click READ MORE to see more photos!